Will Best The 2023 UK Big Brother Host, presenter, career, education, age, rise to fame
William Trevorian Stuart Best, born on February 21, 1985, is a well-known English television presenter and entrepreneur. He has graced our screens with his charismatic presence on various television networks including Channel 4, ITV, and the BBC. Will Best’s career has been multifaceted, extending from hosting shows like “T4 on the Beach” to tackling thought-provoking subjects in documentaries such as “Is This Rape? Sex on Trial.” His journey recently took an exciting turn when he was announced as the co-presenter of the ITV2 revival of Big Brother Season 2023, alongside his friend AJ Odudu.
In this article, we’ll delve into Will Best’s life, career, and his exciting new role as a Big Brother host.
Who is Will Best Big Brother Host?
Will Best is an English television presenter and entrepreneur. Born in 1985, he’s an individual with a remarkable career trajectory. Best’s career has spanned across various channels, with notable appearances on Channel 4, ITV, and the BBC. His diverse roles include hosting music shows, presenting documentaries, and even trying his hand at entrepreneurship. One of his notable contributions includes writing articles for the HuffPost. However, the spotlight is now shining even brighter on Will as he embarks on a journey to co-host the revival of the iconic reality TV show, Big Brother, alongside AJ Odudu.
The Big Brother 2023 Dream
Will Best expressed his excitement about hosting Big Brother 2023, stating, “I grew up with Big Brother, so getting a chance to host it with my mate AJ Odudu is a dream come true. I can’t wait to tell some housemates not to swear.” This dream-come-true moment is a testament to his passion for the show and the remarkable opportunity to take the reins as a host.
Will Best’s career has been a dynamic one, filled with a wide range of television experiences:
- Suck My Pop: In 2010, Will’s television journey began when he co-presented the comedy music chat show “Suck My Pop” on Viva, alongside Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh.
- T4 and The Crush: From 2011 to 2012, he was one of the presenters on T4. During the same period, he presented the 4Music music show “The Crush,” taking over from Rick Edwards, and presented the dating show “Love Shaft” on E4. He also hosted “Got to Dance: Auditions Uncut,” a spin-off of the popular dancing competition “Got to Dance,” and “The Gleekly.”
- iTunes Festival: In 2012 and 2013, Will Best was one of the presenters for the iTunes Festival on Channel 4 and E4. He shared the stage with notable names like Nick Grimshaw, Annie Mac, Lauren Laverne, and Tom Ravenscroft.
- Is This Rape? Sex on Trial: Will presented the BBC Three documentary “Is This Rape? Sex on Trial” in 2015. The documentary aimed to gauge the understanding of British teenagers on consensual sex and sexual crimes through specially written drama.
- Dance Dance Dance: In 2017, Will co-presented the ITV talent show “Dance Dance Dance” alongside Alesha Dixon, showcasing his versatility as a host.
- Celebrity Coach Trip: 2022 saw Will’s appearance on “Celebrity Coach Trip,” where he traveled with friend and comedian Matt Richardson.
In 2017, Will Best and his friend Henry Farnham ventured into the beverage industry by establishing “Bloody Drinks,” a company specializing in canned Bloody Mary cocktails. Their products gained popularity and were stocked in major retailers like Waitrose and Sainsbury’s. During the challenging times of the COVID-19 pandemic, the company secured commercial deals with prominent retailers, including Selfridges and Sainsbury’s. It continued to grow significantly, with a new product launched in the summer of 2023, targeting pub and restaurant chains.
Rise to Fame
Will Best’s journey to fame began with his appearance on “Suck My Pop” alongside Kimberley Walsh. This led to opportunities on T4 and 4Music. According to his CV, his talents were recognized by none other than Simon Cowell, who personally chose him to present “You Generation,” an online talent format featuring celebrity interviews, music acts, and a monthly talent contest on YouTube. Viewers may also remember him from his role on “Love Shaft” and his co-hosting of “Dance Dance Dance” with Alesha Dixon in 2017.
How Old is Will Best?
Will Best is currently 38 years old.
Will Best’s Life Off-Screen
While Will tends to keep his private life out of the limelight, he occasionally shares glimpses of his personal life on social media. In March, he celebrated 12 years with his girlfriend, describing her as the “love of my life.” He shared heartwarming moments with his 13,000 Instagram followers, emphasizing the significance of their relationship. Will is also a proud pet parent to a Tibetan Terrier named Sandwich, frequently posting adorable pictures with his furry companion.
Will’s circle of friends in the entertainment industry includes comedian Matt Richardson, with whom he enjoyed the adventures of “Celebrity Coach Trip.” He also counts Love Island presenter Maya Jama among his acquaintances. Notably, he shares a close friendship with his Big Brother co-host, AJ Odudu. Their history goes back to hosting a show called “Trending Live” together. Both Will and AJ have expressed their excitement about reuniting to host Big Brother, emphasizing their mutual support and the thrill of sharing this experience.
Will Best’s career has been a fascinating journey through the world of television, entrepreneurship, and the beverage industry. With his new role as a Big Brother host, his star is shining brighter than ever, and viewers can expect an exciting season with his dynamic presence.